Community

Nature’s Gems

Bali, From a Bird Watcher’s Perspective By Melissa Whitby Earlier this year I travelled to Bali, Indonesia and onwards on my quest to see the mighty Komodo Dragons.  After having an incredible trip looking at […]

RSL Logo
Community

Canungra RSL Sub-Branch News

Canungra RSL Sub-Branch News By Col Lee, President, Canungra RSL Sub Branch Remembrance Day 2019, Canungra. A smokey day with bush fires in the Scenic Rim greeted those who gathered for this year’s Remembrance Day […]

Beau
Community

Too Many Stories to Tell…

Over the past few months there have been some heart wrenching stories of loss, survival and kindness. I had intended to include some of these in this edition of The Canungra Times.  Unfortunately, I found […]

Community

Council Comment

By Cr Virginia West, Scenic Rim Regional Council  DTMR Pedestrian Safety Proposal The Department of Transport and Main Roads has advised the community of a $4.9 million dollar safety improvement project on Beaudesert-Nerang Road, including […]

Beau
Editorial

A Change of Heart

This month’s column began as an angry rant about visits from politicians and a subsequent lack of follow through on their part with regard to funding. However I had a change of heart.  Not about […]