Canungra Rural Fire Service, assisted by several other crews, are preparing to back burn in Sarabah valley.
The crews are working hard to contain the fire which ignited last night following a lightning strike
No homes or infrastructure is currently under threat and QFES advise residents to stay informed.
Firefighting aircraft are assisting ground crews.
What you should do:
– Stay informed because conditions could change:
– Check the QFES Current Bushfires and Warnings website regularly.
– Listen to your local radio station.
– Tell friends, family and neighbours in the area.
– Decide what you will do if the bushfire gets closer.
– Follow your bushfire survival plan now. If you do not have a bushfire survival plan. Make one on the QFES website.
– Decide where you and the people you live with will go. This could be with family or a friend away from the fire.
– Keep medications close by.
– Avoid smoke – stay indoors, close windows and doors, and avoid driving through smoke.
– Watch out for firefighters working in the area.
– Do not fly drones around the fire. Drones affect air operations.
– If your life is in danger, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
– No properties are at risk.
– Smoke can make it hard for some people to breathe.
– Smoke can make it hard to see when you are driving.
– Some roads may be closed.